In these extraordinary times, we want to assure you that we are taking every precaution to provide a safe & clean hotel environment for all. Although we have always taken health & safety very seriously, we have started a more rigorous cleaning and disinfecting routine throughout the property and have implemented several new protocols across our operation. Before your arrival, we ask that you take the time to read the detailed information below this notice.
We have also taken the hugely difficult decision to suspend our Thursday evening cocktail party. The personal touch is the foundation on which we have grown our business & these measures are not intended to take away from this, but rather to keep yourselves & our staff safe.
Beach View is approved as a designated holding hotel, where guests can safely quarantine while awaiting test results. Please note that there are different categories of quarantine for fully vaccinated guests & non-vaccinated guests. If you are fully-vaccinated & planning to stay at Beach View exclusively for quarantine, you will be required to book for a minimum of 2 nights. If you are not fully vaccinated and planning to stay with us exclusively for quarantine, you will be required to book for a minimum of 7 nights. Please contact us directly for more information.
Please also be guided by our government’s travel protocols for arriving passengers: www.barbadostravelprotocols.com. These are updated frequently & we recommend you double check these before your arrival.
We are looking forward to seeing you!
Robin & Carrie Walcott
PLEASE VIEW THE OFFICIAL BARBADOS TRAVEL PROTOCOL WEBSITE FOR MORE DETAILED ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND FAQS
Barbados Travel Protocols
– A traveller will be considered fully vaccinated if they have completed a full regimen of approved Covid-19 vaccinations, more than 2 weeks prior to travel to Barbados.
– Approved vaccinations are – AstraZeneca, Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, Johnson & Johnson, Sinopharm, Sinovac, Sputnik V. Mixed vaccine regimens are also accepted. E.g. 1st dose of 1 brand & 2nd dose of a different brand.
– N.B. The travel history of a fully vaccinated traveller will be considered. If you have travelled through a country of special consideration within the 21-day period prior to arrival, different protocols apply which include a 7 day in-room quarantine. View the official website for these protocols & current list of countries of special consideration.
1. Before you travel. Take your Covid-19 PCR test within 3 days of arrival into Barbados. Download the BIMSafe app from the App store – this app facilitates submission of your entry documents – Including your vaccine certificates. If you are unable to download the app, go to https://travelform.gov.bb/home to complete the online Immigration and Customs Form.
2. On arrival into Barbados. Your PCR test will be screened for validity. You will also have to show your vaccination certificates. You will be required to have a standard or rapid Covid-19 PCR test done on arrival at the airport or at your approved accommodation. You must leave the airport in registered transportation. N.B. Our drivers are all registered & approved, contact us to book an airport pickup.
3. Quarantine period. You are required to remain on property until the results of your arrival test are back. Results should be back in 24-48 hours. During this time, you are not able to use the gym or spa, but you will have access to all other facilities, including the pools. Once the results of this test come back negative, you will be able to exit quarantine and enjoy all that our island has to offer.
If you are planning to stay at Beach View exclusively for quarantine as a fully-vaccinated traveller, you will be required to book for a minimum of 2 nights. Please contact us directly for more information.
1. Before you travel. Take your Covid-19 PCR test within 3 days of arrival into Barbados. Download the BIMSafe app from the App store – this app facilitates submission of your entry documents. If you are unable to download the app, go to https://travelform.gov.bb/home to complete the online Immigration and Customs Form.
2. On arrival into Barbados. Your PCR test will be screened for validity. You must leave the airport in registered transportation.
3. Quarantine period. You are required to have another PCR test 5 days after your arrival into Barbados. While you await results, you must remain in your room/suite. Once the results of this test come back negative, you will be able to exit quarantine and enjoy all that our island has to offer. Results are usually returned in 24-48 hours.
N.B. The travel history of all travellers will be considered. If you have travelled through a country of special consideration within the 21-day period prior to arrival, different protocols apply which include a 7 day in-room quarantine. View the official website for these protocols & current list of countries of special consideration.
If you are planning to stay at Beach View exclusively for quarantine as a non-vaccinated traveller, you will be required to book for a minimum of 6-7 nights. Please contact us directly for more information.
Children under 18 years, travelling with fully vaccinated guardians will be allowed to adhere to the same guidelines as their fully vaccinated guardians.
1. Your suite or villa will have a fully equipped kitchen & we can pre-stock your room with groceries prior to your arrival. We also have pre-prepared frozen meals that you can order to just ‘heat & eat’! We recommend stocking up as much as you can before your arrival.
2. If you have opted to stay in a hotel room, you have a kitchenette with basic facilities & we can still stock your room with groceries.
3. If you do not want to cook – You can order from the restaurant & they will deliver to your room. Breakfast, lunch & dinner are available.
Just contact us & we will assist.
1. If you are fully vaccinated, you can have the test done at the airport on arrival.
2. We can arrange a physician to perform the second test in your room & the cost ranges from US$150 to US$225 per person. Please note that appointments are subject to availability and 24 hours advance notice is required.
3. Free testing is also available at any of our polyclinics, the closest one is located 15 minutes away by taxi.
Results are usually returned within 24-48 hours.
Please note that information & pricing are subject to change without notice.
COVID-19 CANCELLATION POLICY
For flexible bookings with arrival dates up to 30th September 2021, deposits are refundable for cancellations received more than 2 days prior to arrival date. We know that the world situation changes rapidly, and we will continue to monitor and adapt our policies to suit.
Staff has been trained in best hygiene practices and new cleaning procedures.
We check the health of our employees daily by temperature checks on arrival at work.
ENHANCED CLEANING & HYGIENE:
Hand sanitiser stations are in place throughout the property including reception, restaurant, gym & spa.
Enhanced cleaning of high-traffic public areas which includes, but is not limited to, pool areas, gym, reception, lobbies & elevators.
In your room, be assured that high-traffic items are being disinfected before you arrive including light switches, door handles, telephones, remotes.
Your temperature will be taken on arrival at the hotel as a precautionary measure.
In-room check-in is facilitated.
Hand sanitiser provided to guests in-room.
Housekeepers will not enter an occupied room to clean. When inside your room, please keep the ‘do not disturb’ sign on the door & remove sign or call reception when going out.
Facemasks are required when visiting the front desk and in other public spaces. Also, on the island, facemasks are required in all public spaces.
If you have guests visiting you during your stay, they will be required to undergo a temperature check on arrival & their contact information will be recorded by security. Unregistered guests are not permitted in rooms.
If you are feeling unwell with any symptoms of Covid-19, e.g. fever, coughing, loss of taste or smell, please remain in your room & report your symptoms to the front desk via telephone. We will contact a healthcare provider and/or the Covid-19 hotline & be guided by their advice.
Deep cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting & especially between seatings.
Greater spacing between tables (a minimum of six feet between chair backs).
Party sizes will be restricted to a maximum of six.
Availability of food pick up onsite at the restaurant.
Room service available, for a fee. *There is no fee for quarantining guests.
Clients & staff required to wear facemasks.
Physical distancing observed. Number of clients limited.
Deep cleaning & disinfection of areas between treatments.
Physical distancing observed. No more than 3 guests at one time.
Disinfecting spray & paper towels provided to allow for self-cleaning of equipment after use.
Cleaning & disinfecting of gym twice daily.
The manager’s cocktail party has been suspended.
We have beach chairs, umbrellas & snorkelling equipment that you can borrow to take to the beach. Please request them with reception.
TO PROTECT YOURSELF & THOSE AROUND YOU, PLEASE FOLLOW OUR ADVICE…
Respect social distance
Wash your hands often and use the provided hand sanitiser
Follow & respect our rules throughout the property
Report any symptoms of illness to the hotel staff
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS INFORMATION IS UNDER CONSTANT REVIEW SO CHECK BACK BEFORE YOU ARRIVE FOR ANY UPDATES.