In these extraordinary times, we want to assure you that we are taking every precaution to provide a safe & clean hotel environment for all. Although we have always taken health & safety very seriously, we have started a more rigorous cleaning and disinfecting routine throughout the property and have implemented several new protocols across our operation. Before your arrival, we ask that you take the time to read the detailed information below this notice.
We have also taken the hugely difficult decision to suspend our Thursday evening cocktail party. The personal touch is the foundation on which we have grown our business & these measures are not intended to take away from this, but rather to keep yourselves & our staff safe.
As of 1st June 2022, fully vaccinated travellers will no longer be required to take a Covid-19 test for entry into Barbados. Non-vaccinated guests will still be required to take a test prior to arrival as well as a rapid test on arrival, but quarantine is no longer required. We recommend you keep an eye on the Barbados government’s travel protocols as these are updated frequently: www.barbadostravelprotocols.com.
We are looking forward to seeing you!
Robin & Carrie Walcott
PLEASE VIEW THE OFFICIAL BARBADOS TRAVEL PROTOCOL WEBSITE FOR MORE DETAILED ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND FAQS
Barbados Travel Protocols
– A traveller will be considered fully vaccinated if they have completed a full regimen of approved Covid-19 vaccinations, more than 2 weeks prior to travel to Barbados.
– Approved vaccinations are – Pfizer-BioNTech, Oxford-AstraZeneca, Covishield, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, Covaxin, Sinovac-CoronaVac, Sinopharm, Sputnik V, Cansino, Novavax, Covovax. Mixed vaccine regimens are also accepted. E.g. 1st dose of 1 brand & 2nd dose of a different brand.
1. Complete your online Immigration/Customs form at least 24 hours prior to travel. The form is available at https://travelform.gov.bb/home If travellers experience technical difficulties completing the online form, it may be completed on arrival.
2. On arrival into Barbados, your vaccination certificates will be screened for validity.
That’s it! There is no testing prior to arrival or any quarantine required for fully vaccinated travellers! Enjoy your trip!
1. Before you travel. Take your Covid-19 Standard PCR, Rapid Antigen, or, Rapid PCR test within 3 days of arrival into Barbados.
2. Download the BIMSafe app from the App store – this app facilitates submission of your entry documents. If you are unable to download the app, go to https://travelform.gov.bb/home to complete the online Immigration and Customs Form.
3. On arrival into Barbados. Take a Rapid Antigen test & await results.
4. Upon the return of a negative test result, you are free to leave the airport & enjoy your holiday!
Some travellers may be travelling with children who may not have been vaccinated. Children under 18 years, travelling with fully vaccinated guardians will be allowed to adhere to the same guidelines as their fully vaccinated guardians.
1. You will be assessed by the Ministry of Health and subject to their approval, you can self-isolate at Beach View. However, you must remain in your unit for the duration of your isolation period. This can be 8-10 days, but you will be guided by the Ministry of Health.
2. If you have opted to stay in a hotel room, you have a kitchenette with basic facilities & we can still stock your room with groceries.
3. If you do not want to cook – You can order from the restaurant & they will deliver to your room. Breakfast, lunch & dinner are available.
4. You can order delivery online from local restaurants via Hopscotch.
If you need a Covid-19 test to return to your country of origin, or for any other reason, we can help.
1. We can arrange a physician to perform the test in your room & the cost ranges from US$75 to US$225 per person, depending on the type of test (Rapid, PCR). Please note that appointments are subject to availability and 24 hours advance notice is required. Contact [email protected] for assistance.
2. Testing is also available at Limegrove, visit www.barbadoscovidlab.com to book.
Results are usually returned within 24-48 hours.
Please note that information & pricing are subject to change without notice.
Staff has been trained in best hygiene practices and new cleaning procedures.
ENHANCED CLEANING & HYGIENE:
Hand sanitiser stations are in place throughout the property including reception, restaurant, gym & spa.
Enhanced cleaning of high-traffic public areas which includes, but is not limited to, pool areas, gym, reception, lobbies & elevators.
In your room, be assured that high-traffic items are being disinfected before you arrive including light switches, door handles, telephones, remotes.
In-room check-in is facilitated.
Hand sanitiser provided to guests in-room.
Housekeepers will not enter an occupied room to clean. When inside your room, please keep the ‘do not disturb’ sign on the door & remove sign or call reception when going out.
Facemasks are required when visiting the front desk. Also, on the island, facemasks are required in all indoor public spaces.
Unregistered guests are not permitted in rooms.
If you are feeling unwell with any symptoms of Covid-19, e.g. fever, coughing, loss of taste or smell, please remain in your room & report your symptoms to the front desk via telephone. We will contact a healthcare provider and/or the Covid-19 hotline & be guided by their advice.
Deep cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting & especially between seatings.
Greater spacing between tables (a minimum of six feet between chair backs).
Party sizes will be restricted to a maximum of six.
Takeaway service available.
Clients & staff required to wear facemasks.
Physical distancing observed. Number of clients limited.
Deep cleaning & disinfection of areas between treatments.
Physical distancing observed. No more than 3 guests at one time.
Disinfecting spray & paper towels provided to allow for self-cleaning of equipment after use.
Cleaning & disinfecting of gym twice daily.
The manager’s cocktail party has been suspended.
TO PROTECT YOURSELF & THOSE AROUND YOU, PLEASE…
Respect social distance
Wash your hands often and use the provided hand sanitiser
Follow & respect our rules throughout the property
Report any symptoms of illness to the hotel staff
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS INFORMATION IS UNDER CONSTANT REVIEW SO CHECK BACK BEFORE YOU ARRIVE FOR ANY UPDATES.