Beach View is committed to total customer satisfaction and it provides the following hurricane policy for the information of our guests and partners.
Beach View strongly advocates the purchase of Travel Insurance in order to minimize any potential financial loss, as the company is under no legal obligation to offer any form of compensation related to any storm event.
The following policy is offered as a gesture of goodwill and without prejudice and applies to the hotel portion of the stay only. The policy and procedures will take effect if a hurricane watch (48 hours in advance of a possible hurricane) is issued for the island.
On property guests:
If guests choose to leave the hotel, a hotel credit valid for travel July 15 - December 15 will be issued for the number of nights interrupted - in no circumstances will a cash credit be issued.
In the event that guests are forced to extend their stay due to storm related flight delays, the hotel will continue to offer the nightly rate on which the guest is booked for each extended night to be paid in full upon departure.
For guests who are unable to arrive due to flight cancellation, hotel closure or flight delays related to the storm/hurricane the following options will be offered:
1. Guests may choose to arrive within 30 days after the storm has passed with the following options:
- For the same number of nights without an increase in the nightly rate. In this case the hotel will make every effort to confirm the dates requested and the original room category.
- Stay for fewer nights, in which case the hotel will issue a hotel credit valid for travel July 15 - December 15 for the number of remaining nights. Subject to availability at the hotel.
2. Guests may choose to postpone arrival for more than 30 days after storm has passed.
- The hotel will apply full credit for the hotel portion of the holiday only, for travel July 15 - December 15. The hotel will guarantee the original rate (and category, if available) regardless of travel dates.
The hotel may, at its sole discretion, require that all arriving guests reschedule their visit until after the storm has passed. Should such notification be issued a full (Hotel Only) credit will be authorised for travel July 15 through December 15. The hotel will guarantee the original rate (and category, if available), regardless of travel dates.
Arriving guests who elect to arrive, despite our announcement to the contrary, do so with the implicit understanding that no compensation will be forthcoming for any disruption of services and/or inclusions which may occur as a result of the storm.